With a resort title bearing the world-famous 'Cousteau' name, you can bet our five star eco resort places a huge emphasis on wellbeing, the environment and sustainable practices.
Find out what makes the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort the world's leading eco resort and what you can expect when enjoying a luxury holiday with us.
1. An immense passion for preserving the ocean
If you weren't already aware, Jean-Michel Cousteau is not only the resort's founder, he's also a world-recognised explorer and environmentalist, whose love for preserving and protecting our waters shows no bounds.
Through his 40 years of extensive environmentalist work, Jean met the resort's now resident marine biologist, Johnny Singh. Together the pair created a number of programmes focused on preserving the surrounding reefs and residing creatures. These include the on-site coral farm, which is helping to grow broken coral fragments into healthier groups, along with the giant clam project, which is working to protect clams from excessive harvesting.
Johnny's and Jean's hard work allows guests to enjoy this stunning environment when staying at the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort.
2. Educating guests on environmental practices
Jean's teachings are widely practised throughout the resort, and we strive to educate all guests on how they can help keep our underwater paradise beautiful in years to come. Our resident marine biologist is proud to host an array of educational endeavours around the resort that delight and inspire guests of all ages. These include mangrove reforestation tours, interactive marine presentations and guided snorkelling trips out in the bay.
3. Practising sustainability throughout the resort
From what we serve at dinner to the amenities used in all bures, everything is chosen with the environment in mind:
- Chemical free spa lotions and ointments – When indulging in a delectable massage at our on-site spa, rest easy knowing that all products are made from natural, locally sourced ingredients.
- Non-phosphate cleaning products – Our 'no-nasties' cleaning goods are effective on the job and extremely eco-friendly.
- Organic onsite garden – We're proud to grow an amazing range of delicious and nutritious fruits and vegetables in our on-site organic garden, helping reduce our environmental impact every single day.
For the last three years in a row, the World Travel Awards has awarded us with Australasia's Leading Green Hotel award, showcasing the resort's incredible dedication to providing the best of the best in luxury and eco-friendly tourism. To find out more about our five star eco resort, get in touch today.