Are you excited for your 5 star family holiday in Fiji? Of course you are! With togs packed and excitement building, it's not long until you arrive at the sun-filled Jean-Micheal Cousteau Resort.
Learn more about our incredible destination and its incredible surroundings with these seven fun facts.
1. There are 333 tropical islands in Fiji and only one third of them are inhabited. This means that there are 222 paradise islands waiting to be explored. What do you think you'd find? Hidden treasure? A flock of flamingos? Awesome bamboo waterslide? The possibilities are endless.
Out of the 111 occupied islands, the best kids club resort in Fiji can be found on Vanua Levu – the second largest island out of them all! That's right, the Jean Michel-Cousteau Resort is situated in the sun-filled town of Savusavu, where there are plenty of amazing activities and family fun to be had!
2. Savusavu welcomes warm weather all year round, with 25degrees Celsius the average temperature. This is great for splashing in the sea, playing beach games with the family and hanging out with new friends in the resort.
3. The Jean Michel-Cousteau Resort is home to an award winning kids club. Our Bula Kids Club is a favourite of families visiting and it's no surprise why. We've got a team of friendly buddies and nannies that are in charge of creating a fun-filled atmosphere, complete with activities, games and island adventures. Meet new friends and learn all about the amazing island, all while having so much fun.
4. The official language of Fiji is Fijian. However, people may also speak English and Hindi. Learn some simple Fijian phrases before you arrive and practise them while enjoying your stay.
5. Fiji is home to a method of cooking called 'lovo'. This involves cooking food underground! Don't worry, all of the delicious ingredients are wrapped in banana leaves before the surrounding burning rocks slowly cook them. You can experience this tasty traditional practice at the Jean Michel-Cousteau Resort every week!
6. Just over 900,000 people live in Fiji, compared to the 25 million who live in Australia, according to Australia Bureau of Statistics.
7. Fijians love sport, especially rugby union. It's the most popular sport in the country and nearly ten per cent of the entire population play, according to Fiji Travel. Who do you think would win in a match between Fiji and Australia? There's only one way to find out – bring a ball and your game face!
Fiji is full of culture, beautiful beaches and so much sunshine. Enjoy all this and more while staying with us at the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort.